OctoPrint Saves Me From a Blue Screen of Death!
Recently my trusty Lulzbot Mini 3D Printer was having issues.. well actually the old Windows laptop I used to run it was having issues. When I set out to replace the printer I stumbled upon OctoPrint, which not only saved my printer, but made it much better than it ever was before.
This is that story:
A few more details for those that want to try this on their own
- I got the basic tutorial from here (I know instructables gets a bad wrap sometimes, but this was a great starting point!)
- An OctoPrint deploy script that made thigs much easier
- The case I used, but only the bottom half
- Getting started with the Libre Potato board
- I got my Libre board on Amazon.
- Make sure you have a sufficient power supply otherwise the board might brownout while printing